Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Comparing Generic Integration Software Components (MuleSoft v.s X )

Recently I was tasked with a challenge to make a comparison between two integration software, I tried to google about comparison matrices or any models that the industry may have but I found none. As I was also studying TOGAF at the same time, I went on to check and see if there are something of that sort in which I could use to accomplish my mission but I have found none either.


The task lead me to this text book, Enterprise Integration Patterns written by Gregor Hohpe and Bobby Woolf. In the book they talk about the generics building blocks of an integration software.

I have worked with other integration software bundles before so from my experience I try to the best of my effort to come up with a generic model, as shown in the following diagram.


I stand to be corrected and I might not have the complete picture of all the constituent components that makes up an integration software, but this my best effort.



As we are moving to cloud based architectures, there are integration components that runs in the cloud which is as illustrated, and there are hybrid components that can both be implemented on the cloud or on premise, the blue box are the bundle of components that have this hybrid option of either to be implemented in the could or on premise.



With this model in mind I have come up with the following comparison matrix.I have populated the Mulesoft column, the other column highlighted in orange is for you to fill up the fetures of any other integration software.

Like I said I might have missed out some components but this exercise really gives me a good revision of MuleSoft's offerings and it's features.

No comments:

Post a Comment